Good afternoon Eatuppers,
The sun is shining and it’s hard not to smile on this beautiful Battersea blue-skied day. Try and get outside if you can today – it will definitely be worth it and you’ll have a tip-top wonderful day.
However, tomorrow could be a completely different story. You might wake up to thunder and lightning (unlikely), or at least a cloudy sky and think ‘Woe is me on this grey Thursday’. But wait! It doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom!
The best way to start a day with a positive punch is to have a 10/10 breakfast. Now, we’re not talking sit down brunch basic-avo-on-toast stuff here. We’ve got a delicious, wholesome breakfast idea that will get you going tomorrow and you’ll be off to the best start possible. Best of all, it’s packed with all the good stuff AND tastes amazing. But most importantly, it won’t take any time to make in the morning, because you can MAKE IT THE NIGHT BEFORE! Praise be the tupperware (or airtight Mason jars if that’s your style.)
Presenting… the Mocha chia pudding. Without further ado, here’s what you need:
Makes 1 serving
– 100 ml chilled coffee (let it go cold or put it in the fridge- gross we know, but worth it)
– 50 ml coconut milk/almond milk (whatever floats your boat)
– 1 tbsp/hefty dollop of your favourite nut butter – we love almond
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup if you swing that way – holla to the vegans)
– 1 tbsp cocoa powder (or cacao powder if you dig the raw vibes)
– 25g chia seeds
- Blend your cold coffee, coconut milk, nut butter, vanilla, cocoa and honey/maple syrup in your trusty blender/food processor – if you don’t have one then you might have to whisk. Really hard.
- Put your blended mixture in to your desired tupperware or mason jar. Add the chia seeds and stir them in until they are all the way through the mixture. Give it a little shake just to make sure it’s all mixed up.
- Stick it in the fridge, then go to bed. Dream of what toppings you will put on your chia pudding in the morning. We dream about raspberries…
- Wake up and open the fridge and remember with glee that you have prepared yourself a truly scrumptious breakfast that will keep you going until lunch. Top with the toppings of your wildest dreams (easy) and enjoy in a moment of bliss or on-the-go.
Or if you can’t be bothered with the lark of preparing something the night before, that’s what Eatupp is for. We’ve got loads of tasty breakfast options so if you forget to take your chia pudding from the fridge, or you don’t know what Chia is, we’ve got you covered.